- All texts published in the “Biuletyn Stowarzyszenia Absolwentów i Przyjaciół Wydziału Prawa Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego” are subject to a review procedure beforehand.
- The Editorial Board of the “Biuletyn Stowarzyszenia Absolwentów i Przyjaciół Wydziału Prawa Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego”, together with the members of the Scientific Council, performs a preliminary assessment of submitted papers in terms for compliance with the publishing profile, the purpose and scope of the journal (→ information about the periodical) and applicable formal requirements (→ information for authors).
- The Secretary of the Editorial Board delivers the text to two independent peer reviewers for review. The reviewers must not be affiliated with the same entity/institution as the Author’s.
- The reviewers do not know the Author (Authors) of the reviewed paper, nor do they know about each other (i.e. double-blind review). When selecting the reviewers, the Editorial Board take into account their competence and all circumstances regarding conflicts of interest.
- The reviewers write reviews in accordance with the review form, which they send via e-mail in word and pdf files within 2 weeks to the Editorial Office’s address firstname.lastname@example.org
→ review form (word)
→ review form (pdf)
- Reviews are written and should close with a definitive conclusion, i.e. either admitting or rejecting the paper. Approved for publication are only papers that receive two positive reviews. If the article receives one positive and one negative review, the Editorial Committee shall send the article to the third Reviewer.
- The reviewers are required to disclose any identified instances of scientific misconduct.
- The review process follows the guidelines of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education contained in the document, Best Practice in Scholarly Reviewing, and the recommendations of the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE) contained in their guidelines for reviewers (→ COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers).